Find this page at:
We will include responses to common questions in this section. Links to other agbiotech related FAQS are provided on this site, as well.
- What is the difference between genetically modified organisms and genetically engineered organisms?
- Do GMOs contribute to Monoculture?
- What crops have a GMO trait? What do the traits do and what is the benefit of these traits?
- How long has the health benefit/risk of GMO in our foods been studied? Are there any long-term studies examining the effects of GMO products on humans?
- Why are all the GMO traits aimed at increasing production rather than adding value to nutrition of foods or other health benefits.
- Are GMO crops regulated and if so, by whom?
- Are GMOs safe?/What is Cooperative Extension and NCSU’s position on the use of GMO’s in regards to safety?
- Do you think that GMO’s pose a health threat to the general population?
- Do you feel that the pros outweigh the cons for the use of GMO’s?
- Are there currently any GMO crops being grown in North Carolina?
- What are the benefits of GMO’s for less developed countries in critical need of food?
- Do you feel that the average consumer is educated about GMO’s?
- What is a superweed?
- What are some solutions to the problems regarding GMOs presented by the public such as labeling & packaging on foods, contamination, allergies, and disease from consuming GMOs?
- What are some new break-throughs and findings in the genetic engineering field that you can share with me?